Advice By Kim


Kim Answers Questions About Life, Love, People and Problems.

Kim is a qualified, registered, practising psychologist who gives people answers to questions about their problems free of charge on Words By Kim.

Below are requests for help Kim has received from, and the answers she has given to, people who agreed to have their requests published on this site. Kim has had many other requests for help from people who did not want their issues to be made public and Kim has honoured those wishes.

Before asking Kim for help or advice you need to read the conditions that apply and the information she will need both of which are detailed HERE.

When you have read the conditions that apply, and are able to provide the information about yourself and your problem that Kim will need to be able to help you, please click the button below to submit a public request for help or advice. Please note that your request for help will NOT appear here until AFTER Kim has read it, responded to it, and added it to the page.

If you prefer to keep your issue private you may go to the Contact page and submit your request there. If you submit a private request please ensure you provide Kim with a valid email address or she will not be able to reply to you.

Write your Thoughts Below

Fields marked with * are required.
Your E-mail address won't be published.
It's possible that your entry will only be visible on the Reason to Live Wall or Advice after we reviewed it.
We reserve the right to edit, delete, or not publish entries.
Corey Corey wrote on May 9, 2009 at 1:59 pm:
I am an abusive person I would like your help to try and change that.
Admin Reply by: Kim
Hi Corey, You haven't given me much information to work with but I am glad you decided to reach out for help as that is the first step towards reaching your goal of changing.

You have already taken some of the hardest steps. Admitting you are an abusive person and deciding to change is not easy. It must have been even harder for you to ask for help if you are not used to turning to other people for advice so well done.

The problem is, I can't be sure if you are serious or if you are just messing with me as your email address "suk_my_jiggles" is the kind of offensive address used by people who are not serious about seeking help.

It is also hard to know what kind of help you need when you have given so little information about yourself. I don't know if you are verbally abusive, physically abusive, emotionally abusive or all three.

Another possibility is you are not abusive at all but are lacking in the type of social skills that would prevent you from seeming abusive to other people.

If you really are serious about changing the best thing you can do is seek help closer to hand such as a face to face counsellor or a telephone counselling service where you won't have to write down all the information about yourself that would be needed to work out what could help you.

If your main concern is your relationship, and you don't want to try asking anyone else for advice, try asking your partner what you are doing that is harming your relationship and start by working on changing those behaviours.

I do hope you decide to follow through on this and get the help you need to make any necessary changes and I wish you all the best.
... Toggle this metabox.